At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as an Software Engineer based out of Schriever AFB, CO supporting the TMC product line.
What You'll get to Do:
You will be supporting the Threat Modeling Center (TMC) product line of the DE Task Order on the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) program. This position requires a software engineer experienced in software development to support the modeling and simulation of missile defense systems. You will design, develop, test, document and integrate simulation products for Threat Modeling Center (TMC) organization using C++ and/or C# programming languages on Windows operating systems.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop code for the Threat Modeling Center
- Work using the Atlassian tool suite
- Work in the exciting and ever changing field of missile modeling
- Create in an Agile Scrum Team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, 3-6 years of related job experience.
- Must be proficient in C++, Java
- Have a strong understanding of object oriented software development, and have a basic understanding of Windows and Linux platforms.
- Must possess a current and active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Experience in developing software in C++ or Java.
- Experience in engineering M&S systems using an optimistic and/or conservative discrete event simulation platform.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with JIRA and GIT.
- Knowledge/experience in several of the following: missile defense domain knowledge, command and control, and modeling and simulation development.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top