At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Northrop Grumman SW models team is looking for a Software engineer to support model development at Tinker AF base in Oklahoma. This position will require 6 months of training in Melbourne Florida on short term assignment. Once the training is complete the candidate will be located at Tinker permanently.
- Analyze, design, develop, test, modify and maintain C++ Simulation applications and support tools utilizing software engineering best practices and standards
- Participate in the full life-cycle activities of software development to include requirements, modeling, design, implementation, unit and integration test, release, installation and maintenance of software products
- Support advanced systems in a fast paced laboratory environment of hardware and software integration
- Participate in a process-oriented environment developing high quality products to our customers
- Serve in a leadership role on software development and integration efforts and mentoring junior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3+ years of software/test engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Ability to attend 6 months of training in Melbourne Florida.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Active U.S. Government security clearance at the DoD Secret or Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- Experience in developing/integrating enterprise solutions for C++/Python
- Experience in object oriented programming and related technologies
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- Previous experience serving in a Lead role for a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top