Engineer Software - C++, C#, or Java & Relational Databases
- Orlando, FL
In the Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems that keep our world safe. We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop, document, test, and debug solutions to business/mission problems. The position supports our Engineering organization's goals to meet the current and future needs of the programs and technologies within the sector portfolio. This role will help foster the establishment and maintenance of a world class Software and Digital Technologies organization in Orlando, FL.
The selected candidate will join the team in a strong matrix organization, collaborating with peers across the organization. The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Diagnose problems encountered during application integration among products and address fixes/enhancements according to prescribed program processes.
- Design and develop complex software using a variety of programming and scripting languages.
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or other STEM discipline, with 2 years of relevant experience in engineering development projects -OR- Master's degree in STEM, with 0 years of relevant experience in engineering development projects
- Development experience in C++, C#, or Java.
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use including typical office applications (MS Office Suite)
- US Citizenship is required and active interim or higher DOD Secret Clearance
- Master of Science in Engineering or other STEM discipline
- Experience with Web development or Web services
- EnterpriseDB or PostgreSQL experience
- Experience in the design, implementation and delivery of sophisticated software systems in stages of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience performing in software development teams using Agile or waterfall process and continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools
Back to top