Engineer Software 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Integration Engineer5to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will develop and implement software integration plans in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
- Ensure consistency and quality of software products Develop test plans/procedures
- Act as a resourceful point of contact for both the test team development teams
- Support the development of teams in the investigation of issues
- Develop and implement the software integration plans in a lab environment
- Familiarity with the SDLC and have some development experience in C++, C# or other OOP languages.
- Experience with scripting languages, messaging protocols
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and14 years of software engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and12 years of software engineering experience OR Phd and 9 years of Software engineering experience
- Experience developing software / writing code inC++, C# or other OOP languages
- An active in-scope DoD Secret or Secret clearance
- The ability to obtain program access
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with scripting languages, messaging protocols like DDS and JMS and Web Services (SOA and Rest)
- Knowledge of Linux/Solaris systems with basic commands
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active, In scope DoD Secret or SCI clearance
- Scrum Master
- Lead or Leadership experience
- Advanced architecture concepts
- Cost and scheduling experience
- Embedded software expereince
Back to top