Engineer Software 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 5 on the B-2 Bomber program to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Oklahoma City, OK.
This candidate will analyze, design, develop, test, modify and maintain embedded applications and support tools utilizing software engineering best practices and standards; participating in the full life-cycle activities of software development to include requirements, modeling, design, implementation, unit and integration test, release, installation and maintenance in an Agile development paradigm.
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 14 years (Bachelors) or 12 years (Masters) or 9 years (PhD) of software engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and 0 years of software engineering experience.
• Security Requirements:
Candidate must have an active DoD Secret or Top Secret and a background investigation within the scope of five years. Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses.
• Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
• Experience developing software with C/C - targeted for Linux or an RTOS environment
• Experience with Agile software development and Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo, Fisheye, etc.)
• Experience with Rhapsody modeling for software design
• Experience with DOORS for software requirements
• Familiarity with test automation frameworks
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
• Experience with Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks or service oriented architectures preferred
Experience developing software for embedded systems preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top