Engineer Software 5
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or software engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 14 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 12 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software / writing code in Java, C , C# or other OOP languages
- An active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- The ability to obtain program access
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering or other related field
- Experience developing software targeted for Linux
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Experience with RTOS and service oriented architectures
- Experience developing software for embedded systems
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience in ARINC standards: 661, 664, 818, 429.
- Desire to develop user interfaces
- FAA Certification experience
- Experience with Rhapsody, Eclipse
- Experience using CMMI level 3-5 processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top