Engineer Software 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 14 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 12 years of software engineering experience OR a PhD. in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of software engineering experience
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience developing software with Java and C/C programming languages
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows development
- Active in-scope DoD Secret or TopSecret clearance
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field with 15 years' experience
- Preference to work in software/hardware integration and rapid prototyping
- Working knowledge of military airborne Battle Management Command and Control (BMC2) systems
- Two years Solipsys Tactical Display Framework (TDF) development experience
- Two years Open Mission System (OMS) services development experience
- One year Rhapsody UML Modeling experience
- Current possession of Top Secret clearance a plus
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to work independently and identify solutions to complex problems
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top