Engineer Software 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Integration Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will develop and implement software integration plans in a lab environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
- Ensure consistency and quality of software products Develop test plans/procedures
- Act as a resourceful point of contact for both the test team development teams
- Support the development of teams in the investigation of issues
- Develop and implement the software integration plans in a lab environment
- Programming experience in C, Python and LabView
- Experience with scripting UMATS language and MIL-STD-1553 software
- Knowledge of Windows system with basic commands is also needed to assist in deploying and debugging of software/system
- Experience on UMATS architecture
- Experience on AEPS Power Expansion Rack and Techno box FPGAs
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in STEM and 7 years of software engineering experience OR PhD. in STEM and 4 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software / writing code in LabView, Python and UMATS
- Proficient in LabView and MIL-STD-1553 software
- Proficient on Techno box FPGAs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with UMATS scripting language
- Knowledge of Windows system with basic commands
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Knowledge in MIL-STD-1553 software
- Mentoring and leading team subordinates in design and testing phase of development process
- Able to mitigate risk and devise plan to keep project from slipping schedule
- Maintain a higher degree of customer satisfaction
- Provide leadership in trade studies, proposal activities, cost reduction initiatives, design reviews and anomaly/failure investigations
- Responsible for team development, project reporting on cost and performance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top