Engineer Software 4 - Dev Ops
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located inSan Diego, CAhas an opening for aDevOps Software Engineer 4.
This candidate will be working in a closed, fast-paced, dynamic environment working closely with the software development team. Looking for candidate with full software development lifecycle experience. Preferred candidate will have strong systems administration experience (installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure). This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Must be familiar with source control, continuous integration, automation, auto deployment, container concepts, orchestration, and virtualization.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM degree) plus a minimum of9 years' experience.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle.
- Background in Linux/Unix/Windows/Active Directory Administration
- Active Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance
- Familiarity with VMWare, Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket, Svn, etc), Continuous Integration (like Jenkins, Bamboo), Infrastructure Automation (like Puppet, Chef, Ansible), Deployment Automation & Orchestration (like Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, vRealize), Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience with the full Atlassian Tool Suite (Confluence, JIRA, GIT, Crucible, FishEye, Crowd). Ability to develop custom reports.
- Experience developing builds in Maven, including MAVEN profiles. Ability to automate software builds and releases via Maven & Nexus.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with developing formal builds within the DoD industry.
- Certification from VMWare and Cisco is desired.
Back to top