Engineer Software 4
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values
that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills,
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The NOALS team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer 4 based out of Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The Software Engineer will support an operational program environment by developing new capabilities, troubleshooting/ resolving problems, and supporting real-time satellite launch events in a dynamic operational environment. This is an opportunity to maintain and evolve a satellite ground system in support of Mission Applications and GUI development and
Database interactions. Responsibilities include all facets of the software design, development, and integration life cycle for software and database changes identified by program personnel especially as it pertains to Command and Telemetry processing. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new software support capabilities; software,
COTS/GOTS integration; implementation of software using Java, C/C++, C/Python scripts, Oracle applications, and other programming tools. Resolve technically challenging issues and proactively evolve system requirements. Support activities. This is a position in which one has the opportunity to work at a operational customer facility in a dynamic environment where one can directly impact the success of an important mission.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to
diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that
putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelors or Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics related field
* 9 Years of experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters
* Experience developing software using JAVA and/or C/C++
* Active Top Secret and ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Able to lead small teams as they develop SW and troubleshoot SW to find/fix defects
* Experience in the development of User Interface, process control, algorithms, and/or relational database management applications
* Experience with development with Oracle, and PL/SQL
* Experience with manipulating streams in binary and hexadecimal formats
* Experience with Apache Camel, Spring, or other ESB
* Experience with Configuration Management and the ability to create install packages and deployment techniques
* Experience with operating systems, to include unix, linux, windows and ability to navigate and debug
* Experience with space command and control operations and concepts
* Experience with satellite ground systems, to include telemetry, tracking and commanding
* Experience with front-end processors (FEP), specifically with telemetry decommutation and vehicle commanding
* Experience with Kratos/ISI EPOCH product suite
* AFSCN, EXU, CCS and BIN conversion, EXU, CCS and BIN conversion and translation of ADCCP
* Experience with vendor products such as RT Logic, L3-Comm, and Amergint
* Current TS/SCI with Poly
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top