Engineer, Software - 3/4
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
The Mission Systems ISR Integration and Test software team is looking for software engineers to work with our Air Force and Army customers. The work is for a next generation ISR Family of System (FoS) for airborne payloads and pods that currently address supporting the War Fighter. New variants are in development to address locating and prosecuting threats. This effort provides a distributed, adaptable and networked Airborne Electronic Warfare capability, both manned and unmanned for fixed winged aircraft. The open architecture software design is distributed, adaptable and net-centric and can be rapidly reprogrammed.
Extensive use of C and Python; multi-tasking operating systems for applications with hard real-time constraints. Also includes responsibility for ICD development, design documentation. Will involve direct customer interaction during technical interchange meetings and reviews.
Responsibilities also include:
- Contribute to the day to day test team activities, developing comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems.
- Participate in integrated test activities including coordination and review of team and supplier test plans.
- Review and evaluate test requirements to insure completeness of test commitments.
- Maintain troubleshooting and operating test equipment.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
The basic requirements for a level 3 are a Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related STEM degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Sciences or related STEM degree and 3 years experience.
The basic requirements for a level 4 are a Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related STEM degree and a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree in Computer Sciences or related STEM degree and 7 years of relevant experience.
Additional qualifications for both levels are:
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience developing software with C/C /Jovial - targeted for Linux or an RTOS environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience with Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks or service oriented architectures preferred
- Experience developing software for embedded systems preferred
- Experience with DOORS for software requirements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top