Engineer Software 3-19238
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an Engineer Software 3 for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
Software Engineer to perform software development for the Modeling and Operations Software (MOS) Directorate Sensor Modeling Center (SMC) organization on the JRDC program at Schriever AFB, CO. The Software Engineer will work with a team of engineers and analysts in the architecture, design, implementation and maintenance of a suite of sensor models, used for
element and system level analysis, and for verification and validation of models and simulations. The Software Engineer will participate on an agile software development team and will contribute to all phases of the software lifecycle. Primary responsibilities will be development, debug and unit testing of C source code, high-level and detailed design including the creation of design
artifacts, and collaboration with test and analysis engineers to ensure the developed product meets requirements. Ability to mentor junior engineers in how to conduct rigorous software engineering is highly desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or STEM related field with 10 years of medium to large scale software design and development experience.
- Highly proficient in C on a UNIX or Linux platform.
- Experienced in all phases of software development.
- Proficient in object-oriented software development methodologies.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of UML.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Strong background in math and physics.
- Able to assume a leadership role on complex tasks.
- Knowledge/experience in several of the following: Missile defense domain, GPU
- Programming, Open CL, Cuda, MySQL, Modeling and simulation, Parallel
- computing, Scrum.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top