Engineer Software 3-15013
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Software Engineer 3 for our Schriever Air Force Base, CO location.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Software Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence as a Software Engineer who will support the Missile Defense Agency Space Center Organization on the JRDC Program at Schriever AFB, CO.Software Engineer supporting JAVA and J2EE technologies software development and sustainment lifecycle on the JRDC Missile Defense Space Center (MDSC) program at Schriever AFB, CO. Provide software development and maintenance for the MDSC Interchange System (MIS). In this role the successful candidate will be a member of the team that builds webbased applications to serve both in-house users and external customers. It would be beneficial if the candidate has exposure to enterprise service-oriented architecture techniques. The candidate is responsible for developing designs, supporting design reviews, implementing and testing new capabilities, and conducting unit- and system-level testing and documenting the results. The candidate must be able to work productively and independently in a fast-paced development environment. Essential qualifications for a successful candidate include: the ability to quickly adapt to new situations, a strong commitment to a team environment, the capacity to work unsupervised, and an ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with co-workers as well as management.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM related field and 8 years of experience.
- Minimum five years of industry experience working with current web technologies that may include Java/J2EE, Glassfish, JSP, JSF, XML, and JAX-WS.
- Working knowledge of Hibernate, relational database designs, and the persistence API.
- Experience developing web applications that can be accessed from multiple web applications that can be accessed from multiple web browser types, to include I.E., Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Posses an understanding of design patterns and how and when to apply them.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- The NetBeans IDE.
- Developing JAVA EE applications on UNIX/Linux platforms.
- Virtualization concepts and technologies using VMWare.
- Developing code to support TCP, UDP, and SCTP data transfers.
- Integrating multiple open-source API layers together.
- Developing ANT build scripts.
- KML and the Google Earth API.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top