Engineer Software 3
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger. Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Software Engineers who will be joining the Test Equipment Engineering team in Woodland Hills, CA. The Test Equipment team supports the Engineering, Manufacturing, and Logistics organizations as well various business areas within the Woodland Hills site. The candidate will support requirements generation, software design, development, and test. The candidate will be responsible for developing various types of software applications ranging from embedded software to web and desktop applications.
- Applicant must have BS in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of Software Engineering experience or an MS in Computer Science or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Experience in building software projects using Microsoft Visual Studio and developing Object Oriented code in C /C# targeting the Windows PC environment.
- Should be proficient in documenting software architectures and designs using modeling methods and diagraming techniques facilitated by UML, Rhapsody, The Mathworks Simulink, or equivalent methods, processes and toolsets.
- The candidate will have good verbal and written communications as well as good technical and procedural documentation skills.
- Eclipse, MS Visual Studio 6.0, 2010-12, LabWindows CVI.
- Have experience developing in the C, C programming languages.
- Have experience in operating system data structures and concepts.
- Have experience with Mil-Std 1553, ARINC 429, Discrete I/O, and E-NET protocols.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top