Engineer Software 3
Our Technical Services Group, located in Monterey, CA, has an opportunity to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of our team supporting Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC).
This position will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing and debugging applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
Conducting multidisciplinary research and collaborating with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- -Determining computer user needs; analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designing and developing compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensuring software standards are met.
Basic Qualifications: To be considered for this position you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed here:
- BS/BA 5 years of related experience, or related MA/MS degree 3 years of related experience.
- Solid understanding of core Java.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and practices.
- Prior work or school experience with databases (MySQL, NoSQL,Oracle...)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, deadlines and responsibilities.
- Must be detail oriented and motivated.
- Current Secret clearance, or ability to obtain and retain it.
- Experience with WebLogic is desired
- Prior experience with Spring framework, myBATIS, Angular JS, web services, Maven, ANT
- Experience with web services (SOAP and/or REST)
- Prior work or school experience with PL/SQL is a plus
- Experience with DoD.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top