Engineer Software 3
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's growing SSC PAC support team providing onsite support for research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) programs. Northrop Grumman works closely with many PEO C4I projects to provide state-of-the-art threat protection to the Warfighter. Qualified applicants will have a strong familiarity with Distributed Common Ground Station - Navy (DCGS-N) architecture and be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Providing system and software engineering analysis and artifacts using the DoD Systems Engineering Process model.
- Assisting in defining and developing software capabilities
- Assisting in implementing requirements with associated stories, point estimates, and other work items for each software sprint.
- Assisting in identifying and addressing bugs and other problems discovered during LSI development, integration and testing.
- Supporting the development and integration of software products using a common development environment as specified by the Government LSI Software Integration Team
- Assisting in writing software to meet requirements and obtaining grid data, satellite data, text products, and other data types as required.
- Assisting in updating the design documentation for FCR changes.
- Assisting in maintaining and updating the Software Development Plan (SDP) and other associated documentation.
- Participating in iterative software development events in support of software development cycles defined by the LSI.
- Developing Simulation/Stimulation of data sources
- Experience developing Java-based software
- Experience developing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)-based software systems
- Software engineering experience with intelligence exploitation systems or big data analytics
- Experience developing with XML and JSON
- Experience developing applications using Big Data databases (e.g. Accumulo, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Top Secret Clearance with active SCI required
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field required. 8 years experience in a similar field may be substituted
- Experience developing dynamic applications that accesses a database backend.
- Software engineering/integration experience with intelligence systems to include exploitation of the performance and characteristics of signal intelligence gathering systems and their models for both US and US adversaries
- Experience with scenario creation and simulation systems in order to create replays of scenarios that replicate US and US adversaries various characteristics, their categories, threat, call sign, speed, altitude, threat emitters, intel feeds (to include open source intel), FMV, messaging, weather, etc.
- Experience with software development/management tools using the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Stash) and Git (understanding command line and/or GitHub)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top