Engineer Software 3
Northrop Grumman Missions Systems sector is seeking an experience software developer for highly competitive Embedded Software Engineer roles within our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Join an agile software development team designing and building advanced, state-of-the-art software components and applications for signal processing algorithms. Your work will be performed using Agile development methodologies in a team environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Develop advanced, automated, real-time complex problem solving mission planning software applications
- Problem domains include optimization of mission systems, signal processing, and object tracking
- Bachelors of Science Computer in Science Degree plus 5 years' experience, or 2 years with Masters degree, or 0 years with a PhD
- C / Java / Python programming languages with emphasis on object-oriented software development
- Possess strong mathematics and algorithm development skills
- Experience writing software for mission or related systems
- Experience with Linux software development environments
- Able to function in multi-disciplinary team-oriented environment and rapidly adapt to changing work priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship required. The ability to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI clearance and, when required, a polygraph
- Developed component-based interface software, interfaced to external hardware, hardware/software integration, and system testing, debugging, and deployment.
- Certified SCRUM Master
- Real-time embedded SW development
- Knowledge of signal processing
- Team leadership experience
- Development of framework
- Experience writing software for mission planning or related systems.
- Active or reinstatable secret/top secret security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top