Engineer Software 3
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Threat Modeling Center is responsible for the development and delivery of high fidelity threat modeling products in support of MDA and MDA's Ballistic Missile Defense System. This position requires an experienced software development engineer with experience in all areas of the software engineering life cycle to perform as the TMC Software Engineering. Primary responsibilities include designing, developing, maintaining, modifying, and testing code used to support and the modeling and simulation of ballistic missile and aircraft models to support MDA Ballistic Missile Defense System events.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret clearance
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with Ph.D.
- Experience with software development using C/C++ and JAVA on UNIX, LINUX, and Windows platforms
- Experience with development of user interface, process control, algorithms, and relational database management applications
- Use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts to develop and troubleshoot SW products
- Ability to apply best practices and established patterns to existing code base and mentor less experienced team members on same practices
- Ability to create and follow standard processes and clearly document results
- Experience with automated unit testing
- Ability to efficiently and independently multi-task in an extremely demanding and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to identify and achieve multiple milestones spread across various calendars and schedules
- Self-motivated and able to provide solutions to highly technical problems
- Ability to interface effectively with users, customers, management, and other engineering personnel
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Modeling, Simulation, and automation experience
- Strong math, physics or engineering background
- Knowledge of the flight characteristics, motion, atmospheric dynamics, and missile performance parameters necessary to model ballistic missiles
- Software troubleshooting and code optimization
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience using agile methodologies, SCRUM preferable
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top