Engineer Software 3
Northrop Grumman is looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join a large, dynamic program in Aurora, Colorado.
Responsibilities include: design analysis, problem solving/trouble shooting, determine and implement solutions to a variety of challenging software engineering solutions in a timely manner. Responsible for frequent use and application of software engineering standards and techniques including Object Oriented Design and development techniques, in all aspects of the development life-cycle. Frequent, direct interaction and collaboration with peers and occasional customer interaction is required. Strong ability to work as a member of a small highly skilled team in a dynamic environment is required. The position requires an individual with the ability to work on technical problems and to provide innovative solutions. The preferred candidate must work under minimal supervision, have the ability to multi-task and adapt to change, and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of assigned tasks, independently determine the approach to develop solutions and push to closure on scheduled milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technical, Electrical or Math with 5 years software development experience
- Must have and be able to maintain TS/SCI security clearance
- Java and C/C experience
- Knowledge of object oriented design
- Knowledge of software lifecycles
- Experience with source control software (Clearcase, SourceSafe, etc.)
- Experience with ClearQuest (use and administration)
- Experience with supporting operational systems Oracle, SQL, Shell scripting and Jenkins
- Experience with internal and external interfaces
- Experience on legacy program is a plus
- Knowledge of Virtualized Environments (VMware)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top