Engineer Software 3
Join the Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems team of men and women solving some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are seeking embedded Software Engineers for highly competitive software engineering opportunities with our team in the Airborne and Terrestrial SIGINT (A&TS) Operating Unit in McClellan (Sacramento), CA. We are making contributions daily to the safety of our country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop complex embedded software in C and scripting languages
- Develop, document, test, and debug software that contain logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems
- Diagnose integration problems among products and implement fixes and enhancements
- Develop software on diverse platforms including Unix, Linux and Windows based operating systems.
- Utilize configuration management tools and related software development tools.
- Solve complex technical issues applying appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle with limited supervision
- Develop in various protocols to include Ethernet, USB, RS-232, etc. and real time operating systems
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited institution with 5 years of relevant work experience, or Masters with 3 years of experience
- Experience with SDLC (software development lifecycle) and roles within each phase
- 3 years of relevant work experience using C/C
- 2 years of experience developing software on Unix or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrated understanding of software design principles (e.g. software design patterns)
- Demonstrated success working individually and as part of a team requiring little supervision
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- The ability to obtain a security clearance
- Current active Top Secret Clearance with SCI
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Experience using the Agile Scrum methodology
- Extensive hardware integration experience
- Relevant work experience with scripting languages
- Expertise at low-level debugging, performance profiling, and optimization
- Strong background with one or more embeddable processors including PIC, ARM, PPC, 68k, Atom, ublaze
- Expertise in one or more bus or line protocols (RS-232/-422/-485 and PPC 60x)
- Experience developing with cross-compilers and building custom kernels
- Experience loading and starting software on custom circuit boards
- Experience developing device drivers
- Strong familiarity with systematic testing methods
- Strong background in networking, including familiarity with protocol internals and debugging
- Expertise with processes/threads/core level synchronization
- Familiarity with branching/versioning conventions for software configuration management
- Basic understanding of safe/secure coding practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top