Engineer Software 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector organization is seeking applicants for a position on a multi-year Independent Research and Development (IRAD) program.
This position is for an IRAD Software Architect to support the software development efforts associated with radar modeling and simulation and radar software development:
What You'll Get to Do:
Provide SW & engineering solutions in an Agile development environment including leading requirements derivation, analysis, system/software design, technical milestone review development/delivery, software implementation including static code analysis, unit-level software testing and documentation.
Experience developing real-time Object-Oriented Software architectures, with C++ implementation.
Position requires U.S. Citizenship
Must have a DoD Secret security clearance or ability to obtain one
Position may require up to 10% travel
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- 5 Years of experience with Bachelors in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) related discipline; 3 Years of experience with Masters in STEM related discipline
- Ability to develop software for Object-Oriented/C++ applications in a UNIX/Linux platform environment.
- RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL5/6)
- Must have strong organization skills to prioritize assigned work and meet deadlines
- Must be detail-oriented with good written & verbal communication skills
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience implementing software for GPGPU computing
- Able to deliver successful results based on guidance from the Software Lead
- Rapid software defect root cause analysis and solution development
- Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space Situational Awareness missions.
- Familiarity with Phased Array Radar technology
- Experienced in the use of Agile Development Methodologies
- Experience interacting with Government Stakeholders
Back to top