Engineer Software 2/3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Space Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Division is looking for qualified candidates to fill multiple funded, full time positions on our team in our Redondo Beach, CA location supporting the Mission Control Systems Operating Unit (MCSOU). MCSOU has a large portfolio of restricted programs developing and maintaining ground systems for restricted satellite systems or in software development for payload management software. We also have an Advanced Concepts Group that specializes in cutting-edge research and development for Mission Management and Command and Control applications.
Duties will include software development, modeling, simulation, performance analysis, and algorithm development for advanced ground systems. Candidates must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment, ability to interface with other groups within the project, well developed problem-solving skills, and ability to work within a dynamic environment. Some software development experience is required, as members will have the opportunity to design, develop, document, test, and debug software written in various computer languages. Candidate will be given the opportunity to develop technical solutions to complex problems with minimal supervision.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or level 3.
T02 Bachelors’ degree in STEM with 2 years of experience or Master’s degree with 0 years of related experience
T03 Bachelors’ degree in STEM with 5 years’ experience or Master’s degree with 3 years of related experience
- Experience in developing satellite ground systems, in areas of telemetry, tracking, and commanding or mission management
- Experience in software development for payload management software; includes software design, implementation, integration, test, and documentation to program and customer standards.
- Experience one or more of the following disciplines/languages: C , JAVA, Agile, GIT, Eclipse IDE, Java Messaging, Agent-based systems, Modeling and Simulation, Mission Engineering/Planning, Enterprise Software frameworks, User Experience (UX) development/design
- Active DOD Secret security clearance
- Virtualization/VMWare/Amazon Web Service Development
- Numerical Optimization/Operations Research
- Modeling and Simulation
- Enterprise software frameworks
- Client/Server and Web Application development
- Data Science, analytics and data management
- Knowledge of payload commanding, spacecraft command and control, telemetry processing, and time and frequency management is desired.
- Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top