Engineer Software 2 or 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a qualified Software Engineer to join our team of skilled, diverse individuals. This position will be located on-site in a government customer facility at Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO. This position will require the ability to effectively work alongside systems engineers, testers, and operations specialists throughout the full lifecycle development.
Candidate will be a member of a team tasked with the design, development and integration of new and legacy software components. Responsibilities include all aspects of the development life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, integration and validation, with strong software troubleshooting ability. Candidate must be able to analyze GFI algorithms and applications, and design software components/interfaces to create an integrated suite of applications. Must be able to lead a small team through design, development and integration while performing technical duties as well. Must work well in a team environment and have good interpersonal skills. Additional duties include providing inputs to tasking, schedules, and estimates for new work.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Software Engineer 2- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)related field and 2 years of experience
- Software Engineer 3- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)related field and 5 years of experience
- Hands-on design and programming experience with an emphasis on Java or C#
- Understanding and experience with SQL and ODBC/JDBC
- Extensive understanding and experience with Restful Web Services and Net-centric technologies
- Extensive software trouble-shooting skills
- Hands-on experience writing software unit tests
- Experience with cross-platform software applications, networking principles and integrating disparate systems
- Knowledge of all phases of software development lifecycle and processes
- Understanding and experience of Agile methodologies
- Hands on experience with software development lifecycle tools is essential (JIRA, Bitbucket, SBM)
- Knowledge of Dimensions RM or other requirements management tool
- Ability toobtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance
- Familiarity with Oracle database management and/or Postgress databases
- Familiarity with Java EE and related technologies
- Experience with Redhat JBoss, EAP/BRMS
- Experience with Java Messaging Services (JMS)
- Knowledge of the Air Force Satellite Control Network and satellite operations
- Good communication, writing, presentation and organization skills
- Active Security+ Certification
- Ability to work effectively in a challenging, small team environment
- Familiarity with inter-process communication protocols (CORBA, JavaBeans, RPC, WebLogic Message Queue)
- Familiarity with Kratos ISI EPOCH Integrated Product Suite (IPS)
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top