Engineer Software 2 or 3
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Software Engineer to be a member of the Colorado Springs Software and Digital Technology organization in supporting the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC)/TESLA project at the Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs location.
As a Software Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Designs, develops, documents tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- For a level 2, 2 years experiencein Software Engineering with Bachelors in Science in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) or 0 years experience with Masters in the same discipline
- For a level 3,5 years experience in Software Engineering with Bachelors in Science in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) or3 years experience with Masters in the same discipline
- Proficient in Linux/Unix programming environments is a must
- Experience with simulation software design, implementation, and integration
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Understanding of missile defense and the Ballistic missile defense system
- Understanding of modeling and simulation
- Document all troubleshooting processes and simulation procedures to include:
- How to tailor TESLA to specific tactical codes
- How to run tactical codes in a test environment with TESLA codes
- Analysis procedures and processes
- Knowledgeable Installation, execution, and troubleshooting of simulation software/associated system architectures
- Ability to present project findings to Government lead in an organized and timely fashion
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including technical & functional documentation, presentation materials, a status reporting
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top