Engineer Software 2 or 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced Software Engineers levels 2's and 3's for a program located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Applicant will require some software development as applications may need patches on site for preparation for the pre-production and production systems.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This position will be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
- For the level 2, Bachelors degree in Science, Technical, Engineering, or Math discipline with at least 2 years of work related experience.
- For the level 3, Bachelors degree in Science, Technical, Engineering, or Math discipline with at least 5 years of work related experience.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Configuration Management and Dependency Management Experience with Continuous Integration such as Jenkins and also Automated Builds/Testing
- Space and Missile Defense Experience in Satellite Trajectory/TLE, Conjunction Assessment/Detection and JSPOC Message Services and SpaceTrac
- Development Languages in Java and NodeJS
- Formal Documentation Experience in Installation and Testing Documentation and Formal Reporting and Technical Writing
- Systems Experience in SOAP/ReST and SQL Database
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top