Engineer Software 2- Hunter UAS
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Engineer Software 2 to provide software engineering support to the Unmanned Systems Integration Center Depot in Sierra Vista, Arizona, as well as flight lines in the area, in support of the Hunter Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) program.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include, but are not limited to:
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Candidate will create, modify, and maintain technical documentation including product installation, configuration, and user manuals, product specifications, and other technical manuals.
Additionally, the selected individual may also be expected to provide contributions to the code base. Interaction with senior management, technical lead, team lead, quality assurance, and non-technical stakeholders on a regular basis is expected.Basic Qualifications:
- 2 Years of relevant experience with a Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters;
- The candidate must have strong operating system skills, including some networking skills and familiarity with areas including: embedded Linux, VMware, ESXi, Windows Server
- Candidate will be able to install and configure operating systems, including Solaris, Windows, and Linux.
- Candidate will be able to write and modify shell scripts, along with knowledge on databases and SQL.
- PC and Microsoft Windows system administration skills are also necessary.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% to domestic locations.
- Strong technical writing skills are a plus.
- Hardware experience working with items such as hard disk drives, networking devices, graphics cards, connectors, cables, and avionics.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top