Engineer Software 2
Join the Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems team of men and women solving some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are seeking embedded Software Engineers for highly competitive software engineering opportunities with our team in the Airborne and Terrestrial SIGINT (A&TS) Operating Unit in McClellan (Sacramento), CA. We are making contributions daily to the safety of our country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop complex embedded software in C and scripting languages
- Develop, document, test, and debug software that contain logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems
- Diagnose integration problems among products and implement fixes and enhancements
- Develop software on diverse platforms including Unix, Linux and Windows based operating systems.
- Utilize configuration management tools (Cle and related software development tools.
- Solve complex technical issues applying appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle with limited supervision
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited institution with 2 years of relevant work experience, or Masters with 0 years of experience
- Experience with SDLC (software development lifecycle) and roles within each phase
- Relevant work experience in software development using C/C
- Relevant work experience with scripting languages
- Demonstrated understanding of software design principles (e.g. software design patterns)
- Demonstrated success working individually and as part of a team requiring little supervision
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- The ability to obtain a security clearance
- Currently hold a security clearance
- Familiar with one or more of the following - Java, J2EE, C/C , Python
- Prior experience with User Interface development
- Prior experience with real-time/embedded application development
- Prior experience with database design, implementation, and interfacing
- Prior experience developing applications using web services or other web technologies
- Prior experience with distributed processing and data analytics
- Prior experience incorporating off-the-shelf software products/libraries into applications
- Prior experience in software testing
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top