Engineer Software 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
• Ensure consistency and quality of software products Develop test plans/procedures
• Act as a resourceful point of contact for both the test team development teams
• Support the development of teams in the investigation of issues
• Develop and implement the software integration plans in a lab environment
• Programming experience in Java, C , C# or other OOP languages.
• Experience with scripting languages, messaging protocols like DDS and JMS and Web Services (SOA and Rest)
• Knowledge of Linux/Solaris systems with basic commands is also needed to assist in deploying and debugging of software/system
• Bachelor's Degree in (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of software engineering experience OR
• Master's Degree in (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and 0 years of software engineering experience
• Experience with (RTOS) real-time embedded software development using C/C
• An active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
• The ability to obtain program access
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
• VectorCast (source code coverage tool)
• Experience going through Air Worthiness
• Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• SCRUM Master Certification or experience in a SCRUM master role
• Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top