Engineer Software 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Engineer Software 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Mission Systems Engineering Environment Development Support (EEDS) group provides support for a variety of engineering applications across electrical, mechanical, systems, software, and manufacturing disciplines. EEDS is looking for a multi-talented, team-oriented, resourceful individual to support Engineering in the Mission Systems sector.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Candidate will architect databases, user interfaces, and reporting systems to meet engineering requirements or enhance functionality of various engineering tools.
- Applications include databases, thick-client and web-based tools, graphical user interfaces, reports and dashboards; as well as, interaction with other engineering tools and relational databases (SQL, Access).
- Candidate will determine engineering tool user needs, analyze system capabilities to resolve problems, prepare user instructions and documentation, and train users.
- Candidate will maintain existing databases and associated user interfaces.
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline with 2 year experience.
- Proficient in Visual Studio and C# programming language.
- Experience with database architecture, especially Access databases, and ability to query via SQL queries, web applications, and thick clients.
- Experience integrating applications with MS Excel to import/export data.
- Experience coding websites using HTML, ASP, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages.
- Experience with Windows Operating system shell scripting languages, including PowerShell.
- Languages: C/C , C#, Visual Basic, VBScript, VBA, SQL, HTML, Perl.
- Applications: Basic knowledge of MS Office, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Visual Studio, MS SharePoint, MS SharePoint Designer, .NET Framework (especially ASP).
- Databases: Access and SQL.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Good communication skills, and work well in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with web-based and browser technologies such as BEA Web Logic, Tomcat, Apache, IIS, JAVA Script, Cold Fusion MX, Adobe Creative Suite, Perl, J2EE, Spring Framework, .NET, and/or HTML tools.
- Experience using a variety of internet technologies, techniques, and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to create web page elements such as user interface features, site animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications.
- Experience with Linux and Linux scripting languages.
- Applications: Ruby on Rails, FlexLM, IBM Platform Analytics, SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports.
- Databases: Vertica, Oracle.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top