Engineer Software 2
Join the Northrop Grumman’s Information Systems team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. We are seeking junior level Software Engineers for highly competitive software engineering opportunities with our team in the Intelligence Mission Systems Operating Unit in San Jose, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Diagnose problems encountered during application integration among products and address fixes/enhancements according to prescribed program processes.
- Design and develop complex software using a variety of programming and scripting languages.
- Develop software on diverse platforms including UNIX, Linux and Windows based operating systems.
- Utilize configuration management tools, database applications and related software development tools.
- Solve complex technical issues with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of software design principles (e.g. software design patterns)
- Demonstrated success working individually and as part of a team requiring little supervision
- Bachelor Degree in a STEM discipline from an accredited institution with 2 years of experience, or Masters with 0 years of experience
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and roles within each phase
- Relevant work experience in software development using Python
- Relevant work experience with scripting languages
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- The ability to obtain a security clearance
- Currently hold a security clearance
- Relevant work experience in software development using Java, C/C
- Familiar with one or more of the following – AWS, Hadoop, MySQL
- Prior experience with implementing visual design and develop front-end UI
- Prior experience using the Agile Scrum methodology
- Prior experience using Rally, GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium applications
- Prior experience with database design, implementation, and interfacing
- Prior experience developing applications using web services or other web technologies
- Prior experience with distributed processing and data analytics
- Prior experience incorporating off-the-shelf software products/libraries into applications
- Prior experience in software testing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top