Engineer Software 1 (Secret Clearance)
Join the Northrop Grumman’s Mission Systems team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. We are seeking talented individuals for highly competitive Software Engineer opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, document, test, and debug software that contain logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Diagnose problems encountered during application integration among products and address fixes/enhancements according to prescribed program processes.
- Design and develop complex software using a variety of programming and scripting languages.
- Develop software on diverse platforms including Unix, Linux and Windows based operating systems.
- Utilize configuration management tools, database applications and related software development tools.
- Solve complex technical issues with limited supervision.
- Level 1: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution with experience.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and roles within each phase.
- Hands on software development experience.
- Understanding of programming and scripting languages, familiar with one or more of the following: Java, J2EE, C#, .Net, C/C , Ada, Python, and Matlab.
- Demonstrated understanding of software design principles (e.g. software design patterns).
- Demonstrated success working individually and as part of a team requiring little supervision.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- The ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Prior experience with User Interface development using cigwin, eclipse, Atlassian tools.
- Prior experience with real-time/embedded application development using Eclipse, Moba Xterm, Atlassian tools.
- Prior experience with database design, implementation, and interfacing.
- Prior experience developing applications using web services or other web technologies .
- Prior experience with distributed processing and data analytics.
- Prior experience incorporating off-the-shelf software products/libraries into applications.
- Prior experience in software testing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top