Engineer, Software 1
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
The qualified candidate will become part of a highly talented engineering team working onsite at the Pt. Mugu Naval base in the design, development, test and integration of mission planning software. The qualified candidate will work and collaborate within an integrated product team of multiple engineering and technical disciplines in the design, development, documentation, test and ongoing maintenance of specialized mission planning applications. The successful candidate will interface directly with the customer, gathering feedback, troubleshooting problems and participating in various software design and development reviews. The candidate must work well with customers, contractor and multi-disciplined teams to assure mission success.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related Technical field with a minimum of 1 year of software development experience
- A working knowledge of Windows 7/10
- Good understanding of SQL and C# languages
- Understanding of multithreading and Services Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Ability to work well in a team environment and possess strong oral/written communications skills
- U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance are required
- Experience with Java, .NET, XML, MS Visual Studio, COM, ClearCase and CMMI Level 3
- Experience with Navy mission planning and/or knowledge of Electronic Warfare
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top