Engineer Software 1
We are seeking a Software Developer to support the Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Division within the Defense Manpower Database (DMDC).
The candidate will:
- design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software.
- troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- consult with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- participate in development of software user manuals
Candidate duties will consist of but are not limited to:
Operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- B.S. degree
- Strong verbal and written skills are essential
- Experience with the Microsoft product suite, including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio
- Strong Java programing skills required
- Experience with Eclipse, CM tools as Subversion and Git
- Ability to work as a member of a team on complex tasks
- Familiarity with agile and other software development methodologies
- Familiarity with government environments and standards
- Active Secret clearance
- SQL, Spring, MyBatis, Maven, AngularJS, REST or SOAP experience a plus
- Active SSBI or Top Secret SCI clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top