Engineer Signal Image Proc 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Signal and Image Processing Engineer 2/3 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Morrisville, North Carolina. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division engaged in processing signals and images for the Intelligence Community.
The skill sets required for this position are: 1.) a strong background in communications theory and/or signal and image processing, 2.) ability to develop algorithms and validate in MATLAB or other programing language, 3.) authoring software that demonstrates features of algorithms, including the possibility of real time execution.
Job Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Research, design, develop and verify signal and image collection systems; and define and develop processing and dissemination computer algorithms.
- Develop requirements analysis, system architectures, and integrate new signal and image processing technology systems.
- Design, develop and analyze systems for the extraction of information from signal and image sensors. Systems utilization includes detection and estimation theories, speech processing, and neural networks; electromagnetic and acoustic effects on signals; and/or implementation of signal processing with advanced computer architectures.
The ideal candidate would be flexible and open to providing technical solutions for multiple opportunities as part of a dynamic work/team environment. A self-starter who can work independently to develop approaches to solutions and who possesses strong communication skills to convey those solutions will enjoy this challenging and engaging opportunity.
- Basic qualifications for a Level 2 are a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 2 years of experience, Master Degree in Engineering with no years of experience. Basic qualifications for a Level 3 are a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with 5 years of experience, Master's degree in Engineering with 3 years of experience or 0 years of experience with a PhD.
- Ability to apply signal and imaging processing principles, theories, and concepts
- Familiarity with wireless communication theories and technologies
- Experience in signal processing design and/or development; implementing the design in MATLAB, software and hardware
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, along with the ability to work well within a team environment.
- U.S. Citizenship required. The ability to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI clearance and, when required, a polygraph.
- An active TS/SCI clearance is preferred
- Familiarity with software development environments
- Programming experience in C/C , Java, Python, or GNU Radio
- Familiarity MATLAB, and/or other analysis and trending tools is strongly desired
- Comfortable with or willing to learn how to operate in UNIX development environments
- Intermediate understanding of the following systems:
o RF Design (systems, receivers, antennas, testing)
o Cellular / wireless systems and protocols
o Computer networks
o Windows and Linux Operating Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top