Engineer RF Passive Microwave Design 3
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a RF Microwave Hardware Design Engineer 3 to join our team of creative and diverse engineers in the Electronics and Payloads' RF and Mixed Signal Products Department an organization of 150 plus engineers and technicians that develops components for a variety of space and air programs. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
1. RF passive hardware design and analysis using Sonnet, HFSS and ADS software applications
2. Tolerance and sensitivity analysis and test data analysis for respective passive hardware designs
3. Conduct electrical trades
4. Coordinate among multiple disciplines in design development through sustaining phase
5. Finalize electrical design, support prototype and final hardware build and test
* Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
* Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment; OR a STEM PhD.
* Design and development experience of filter, multiplexer, coupler, balun, equalizer, beamforming network, power divider/combiner and various transitions using software applications
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret, or Top Secret Security Clearance
* Experience with electronic RF design for airborne and space applications
* Experience leading a team of over 5 employees
* Experience supporting bid & proposal activities
* Familiarity with electrical design, electronics manufacturing processes and qualification activities
* Familiarity with research and development of advanced technologies
* Active DoD Secret or Top Secret, and/or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top