Engineer RF Microwave Design 6
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world both today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and pioneering spirits to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Antenna Systems Architect Engineer 6 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located on the Northrop Grumman Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA. Responsibilities will span antenna system architecture development, antenna system requirements generation/flowdown, antenna system design/analysis, and antenna system performance verification including range testing. Primary scope will involve leading multidisciplinary teams in the development and demonstration of mission-enabling antenna products for both space and airborne platforms. This will include business development activities such as strategic planning, white paper writing, and technical proposal support. Additional scope will involve serving as a technical reviewer/advisor for antenna and radar cross section range measurements across various programs, serving as a technical advisor/champion for antenna computational electromagnetics software and associated distributed/cluster computing, and serving as a proactive mentor for all levels of Antenna Products Department staff.
Essential Functions :
- Innovation and development of system and subsystem designs/analyses/testing of radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems.
- Proficient application of electromagnetic theory, electromagnetic analysis, and performance budgeting/allocation.
- Application of practical design/analysis/test experience, with innovative thinking, and familiarity with the state-of-the-art.
- Leadership of multidisciplinary teams to manage antenna system IPTs to accomplish major program objectives.
- Consultant to top management in long-range company planning concerning new or projected areas of technological research and advancements. Prime spokesperson on company's technical capabilities and future directions, with instrumental impact to attract and obtaining major new company business.
- Effective and active mentoring of junior Antenna RF engineering staff member.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment with high expectations and diverse assignments. Candidate must also be able to collaborate closely with executive leadership, program leadership, functional leadership, system engineers, manufacturing engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 20 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Master of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 15 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment.
- Demonstrated experience with designing/analyzing/testing radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems.
- Proficiency in electromagnetic theory, electromagnetic analysis, and performance budgeting/allocation.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
- Experience with IPT leadership, including technical, cost, schedule, staffing, and EVMS.
- Proficiency with MATLAB and/or other related programming languages.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Electromagnetics from an accredited institution and 20 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment.
- History of electromagnetics/antenna-related publications, patents, and technical conference participation.
- Experience with antenna system architecture development, antenna system requirements generation/flowdown, antenna system design/analysis, and antenna system performance verification including range testing.
- Proficiency with CST Microwave Studio, HFSS, GRASP, FEKO, and/or other computational electromagnetics software tools.
- Technical breadth across any of the following areas: highly-integrated antenna systems, phased arrays, digital beamforming, reflector antennas, reflect-arrays, aperture antennas, wire antennas, antenna/RF system performance analysis, LO technologies, RF electronics, digital electronics, power electronics, microelectronics packaging, antenna/RCS range measurements, CAD modeling, statistics, systems engineering, antenna control design, measurement equipment automation, and data post-processing/reduction.
- Viewed as expert within the field, with ability to communicate and present effectively at the highest customer and executive leadership levels
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret and/or SSBI/SCI clearance, with familiarity of security requirements for working on restricted programs.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top