Engineer RF Microwave Design 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world both today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and pioneering spirits to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking an Antenna RF Microwave Design Engineer 5 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located on the Northrop Grumman Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA. Responsibilities will span antenna system architecture development, antenna system requirements generation/flowdown, antenna system design/analysis, and antenna system performance verification including range testing. Primary scope will involve development and demonstration of mission-enabling antenna products for both space and airborne platforms.
Essential Functions :
- Demonstrated experience with design/analysis/testing of radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems.
- Proficiency in electromagnetic theory, electromagnetic analysis, and performance budgeting/allocation.
- Practical design/analysis experience, innovative thinking, and familiarity with the state-of-the-art.
- Demonstrated experience with leading antenna design/analysis teams to accomplish project objectives.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment with high expectations and diverse assignments. Candidate must also be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, manufacturing engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 14 years of experience in Antenna Design, Architecture, System performance trade studies and managing engineering projects or 12 years of experience with a Master's Degree
- Experience in managing engineering team on cost, schedule, and staffing
- Experience in antenna component design and trade studies
- Ability to obtain/maintain an SSBI security clearance
- Active SSBI
- Experience in EM Engineering tool HFSS, GRASP, CST, and Matlab
- Experience in leading large customer interface meeting, such as presenting in Design Review
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top