Engineer RF Microwave Design 5
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Engineer RF Microwave Design 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at the Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) Operating Unit. This position will be located in San Diego, CA
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is one of the Operating Units in the Airborne C4ISR Systems Division of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector. ATN is the nation's sole provider of integrated Communications, Navigation and Identification (CNI) systems to the world's premier fighter aircraft – the F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Lightning. ATN also provides trusted, high data rate communication solutions for the nation's senior leaders. Our team of communication systems experts is additionally developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of IED countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm's way. We are headquartered in the purpose built Rancho Carmel and Spectrum
Center facilities in San Diego, California.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The RF/Microwave Engineer can perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for RF/Microwave Products & RF System Architecture Design and Development activities. RF/Microwave analyses are performed at all levels of the RF/Microwave Product and RF System Design from the RF System Architecture level down to the circuit level to include: concept, design, fabrication, test validation and verification, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Capable of leading RF/Microwave Hardware design and development teams on major defense programs and/or smaller Independent Research & Development (IR&D) activities. Able to work well with program system engineering to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into realizable RF/Microwave Products & RF System Architecture Design solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, chain analysis, detail trade studies, product requirements creation, detailed circuit requirements derivation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into RF/Microwave hardware product specifications.
Excellent leadership and technical skills experienced with leading RF/Microwave product development activities:
- Solve complex technical issues with limited supervision hardware
- Requirements derivation, simulation, analysis, design and develop RF/Microwave hardware circuits to include Amplifiers, Filters , Switches, PLLs, Mixers, Op Amps, ADC, and DACs for applications in Communications Power Amplifiers, Receivers, Exciters, Synthesizers, and Digital Converters.
- Develop hardware on diverse platforms performing component selection, circuit simulation and analysis, schematic design, pwb layout and route, and verification test development.
Typical Minimum Education / Experience for a level 5:
14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 14 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge with a RF/Analog product design and development in a technical leadership capacity
- Demonstrated understanding of RF/Analog design principles and testing techniques
- Demonstrated success working individually as part of a team requiring very little supervision or as a team leader.
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Candidates with previous cutting edge experience in a RF/ Analog development environment
- Previous classroom or on the job experience with one or more of the following tools; PSpice, AWR Microwave Office, Sonnet, HFSS, SpectraSys/Genesys, OrCad/PADS, and Mentor Board Station and Expedition Schematic/Layout
- MSEE or PhD
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top