Engineer RF Microwave Design 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a RF Microwave Design Engineer 3 to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Responsibilities range from the development of antenna architectures, requirements generation/flow down, antenna system analysis, performance verification, and range testing. Primary scope will involve development and demonstration of mission enabling ultra-wideband phased array apertures for space, airborne, and maritime platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in design, development, and testing of radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems or related RF hardware.
- Proficiency in electromagnetic analysis, performance budgeting and allocation, antenna range testing and verification.
- Innovative thinking and familiarity with state of the art.
- Practical design experience
- Technical breadth in AESAs, highly integrated antenna systems, reflectors, reflect-arrays, digital beam-forming, antenna/RF performance analysis, modeling, statistics, systems engineering, antenna control design, range testing, and data reduction.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- Experience in designing and testing radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems.
- Proficiency with MATLAB or other related programming languages
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Electromagnetics
- Active In-Scope DoD Top Secret or SSBI/SCI clearance
- Experience with the development of antenna architectures, antenna system analysis, and performance verification
- Proficiency with CST Microwave Studio, HFSS, and GRASP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top