Engineer RF Microwave Design 2/3
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking an Engineer RF Microwave Design 2 or 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals on the Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) program. This position will be located in San Diego, CA
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is one of two operating units of the Network Communication Systems business unit in the Defense Systems division of Northrop Grumman Information Systems. ATN is the nation’s sole provider of
integrated Communications, Navigation and Identification (CNI) systems to the world’s premier fighter aircraft – the F-22 Raptor and the F-35 Lightning. ATN also provides trusted, high data rate communication solutions for the nation’s
senior leaders. Our team of communication systems experts is additionally developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of IED countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm’s way. We are headquartered in the purpose built Rancho Carmel and Spectrum Center facilities in San Diego, California.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Solve complex technical issues with limited supervision
- Design and develop RF/Analog hardware circuits to include Amplifiers, Filters , Switches, PLLs, Mixers, Op Amps, ADC, and DACs for applications in receivers, exciters, synthesizers, and digital converters.
- Develop hardware on diverse platforms performing component selection, circuit simulation and analysis, schematic design, pwb layout and route, and verification test development .
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
Typical Minimum Education / Experience for a level 2:
2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters
Typical Minimum Education / Experience for a level 3:
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 2 years of related work experience. Equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge with a RF/Analog circuit simulation tool, Schematic design tool and a layout tool
- Demonstrated understanding of RF/Analog design principles and testing techniques
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Candidates with previous cutting edge experience in a RF/ Analog development environment
- Previous classroom or on the job experience with one or more of the following tools; PSpice, AWR Microwave Office, OrCad/PADS, and Mentor Graphics Schematic/Layout
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top