Engineer RF Microwave Design 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector, where technology and teamwork come together supporting mission critical equipment for global security, is seeking an RF Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within Hardware Engineering. This position will be located in Sacramento, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman Corporation Mission Systems Sector supporting the various sensors installed on the Manned and UAV aircraft that deploy worldwide.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support or lead teams for new or re-design efforts: update drawings, coordinate with different functional teams to make updates in a timely manner
- Schedule staff and equipment resources to meet test milestones; perform and complete Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and creation of reports for system sell-off
- Provide technical acumen for HW- technical resource on various phases of the project provide technical interface/point of contact/responsible engineer- subcontractors, vendors, customers, and field support
- Support proposal efforts as needed: obtain quotations, material costs, BOM support, generate white papers, generate TDBOEs, cost and schedule estimates.
- Attend/Support ERB/CCBs, Review and approve documents and provide hardware support as needed.
- Support ad-hoc tasking providing HW support to SW development, create test procedure documentation and training packages, select and testing of replacement components due to DMS, support of field questions and testing
- Perform technical analysis:
o Evaluate system level tradeoffs and specification impacts of upgrades/design efforts and hardware replacements.
o Perform RF & System Hardware analysis/development as directed by Program Managers/team leaders.
o Perform chassis specification allocation to meet System Level Performance.
o Review chassis, CCA, component, system test data.
o Evaluate specification modifications vs. rework of hardware
o Calculate parameters as needed. E.G. material replacement required recalculation of coplanar waveguide impedance to determine if line spacing / thickness would need to be modified if the new material was substituted.
- Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline with 2 years' relevant work experience
- 1 years of relevant work experience in electrical engineering.
- 1 years of work experience the technical field of RF or analog electrical engineering
- Work experience or exposure with RF Analysis tools such as ADS, Microwave Office, FEKO, HFSS, AWR VSS
- High degree of PC skills and software such as Word, Excel, Visio, Project, and other MS office products.
- Experience in maintaining / reporting status of program activities while collaborating with engineering team members.
- Good oral and excellent written communications skills.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision, self-motivated, self-starting.
- Must be a US citizen and have the capability to receive and hold a TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, RF concentration
- Working user knowledge of PTC Windchill PDM
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and CAM experience
- Familiarity with AS9100 and helpful
- Working knowledge of system sensor and sensor testing
- Experience testing antenna products
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top