Engineer RF Microwave Design 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a RF Microwave Design Engineer 2 to join our team of creative and diverse engineers. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Northrop Grumman is looking for an RF Microwave Design Engineer 2 to join the Electronics and Payloads' RF and Mixed Signal Products Department - an organization of 140 plus engineers and technicians that develops components which include microwave and millimeter wave, narrowband and wideband low noise amplifiers, high linearity mixers, power amplifiers, multipliers, bandpass filters, modulators, frequency sources, and custom mixed signal integrated circuits for a variety of space and air programs.
- RF hardware design and analysis using computer aided design (CAD)
- Conducting electrical trades
- Tolerance and stability analysis and test data analysis for respective hardware designs
- Coordinate among multiple disciplines to balance requirements
- Finalize the electrical design, support prototype and final hardware build & test
For more Electronics and Payloads openings:
Unique ID: elepay
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and2 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment
- RF/MS unit, RF/MS slice, RF/MS module/IMA, and/or RF/MS board design and development experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to partner across organizations and programs
- Technical experience working with ADS software system
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Electromagnetics
- Experience with electronic RF design for airborne and space applications
- Experience leading a team of over 5 employees
- Electronics design development and sustaining experience spanning cradle to grave
- Experience with Sonnet and HFSS software applications
- Experience supporting bid & proposal activities
- Familiarity with electrical design, electronics manufacturing processes and qualification activities
- Familiarity with research and development of advanced technologies
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret, and/or SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top