Engineer Reliability 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector, where technology and teamwork come together supporting mission critical equipment for global security, is seeking a Reliability Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within Specialty Engineering. This position will be located in Sacramento, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman Corporation Mission Systems Sector supporting the various sensors installed on the Manned and UAV aircraft that deploy worldwide.
- Successful candidate will be a mid-level Reliability team member working with other engineers and product support analysts responsible for the development of support systems for delivered NGMS products; support, and coordinate as required with team members, assigns duties, reviews documents, prepares and deliver reliability management information presentation materials
- Reliability engineering provides support to customers, management, production, design engineering, component engineering, and sustainment engineering using technology tools for providing reliability support to the customer
- Ensures Reliability tasking is completed on time, delivered to customers, data is accurately produced and represented and within-budget
- Responsible for reliability trending and mission effectiveness evaluations, and other operational employment and failure trend analysis; present findings to PMO, management and customer at various locations.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
- May develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks.
- As necessary, proposes changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
- Must be a US citizen and must be able to obtain SCI clearance
- Bachelor Degree in STEM discipline and 5 years of relevant work experience
- 3 years working with FRACAS
- 3 years practical experience participating in FRB (Failure Review Board) process
- Proficient in the use of software such as Word, Excel, Visio, Project, and other MS office products
- Experience in maintaining / reporting status of program activities while collaborating with employees within the department and across functions.
- Practical experience with IMDS (Integrated Maintenance Data System)
- Familiarity with retrieving data/information from shop floor management tools like Solumina
- Familiar with Product Data Management/Design and Configuration management tools like PTC, Windchill PDM including initiating documents and managing CN (Change Notice) and PR (Problem Report) processes
- Experience using/producing/evaluating life cycle modeling like CASA (Cost Analysis Strategy Assessment)
- Experience performing RAM (reliability availability maintainability) using applications like Relex or WQS for reliability predictions and modeling
- Effective oral and excellent written communications skills
- Ability to work with little direct supervision, self-motivated, self-starting
- Ability to mentor junior reliability engineers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top