Engineer Quality (Palmdale, CA)
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is looking for a Quality Engineer for our Palmdale, CA facility.
Basic responsibilities include:
- Develops and implements program quality plans and procedures using statistical quality control techniques, lean manufacturing concepts, and six-sigma tools and analysis
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical systems
- Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for discrepancies
- Conducts and facilitates Root Cause Analysis
- Ensures plans for acceptance of hardware provide adequate direction to assure meeting contract requirements
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Self-starter with demonstrated problem-solving skills who can work with minimal direction
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) related Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years Aerospace/Aviation experience
- Proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- Experienced in Corrective Action
- Technical Presentation Skills
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance granted or renewed within the past 6 years.
- Advanced STEM degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Willing to work at multiple locations
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office (Access)
- 1-2 years of quality engineering experience
- Prior experience within Quality
Back to top