Engineer Quality (Palmdale, CA)
At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea - it's a way of life.
Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Are you interested in expanding your career while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place
- Performs statistical analysis to determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction
- Ensures that contract requirements are met and that documentation is compliant with requirements
- May specialize in the areas of production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality
- May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies
- May have material review board experience
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math field andTwo (2) years of experience in manufacturing, design, or quality engineering or Master's degree andOne (1) year of experience in manufacturing, design, or quality engineering
- Root cause and corrective action experience
- Active DoD Secret clearance with an investigation within the last 5 years
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access
- Experience with trend data development and analysis
- Material review board experience
- Contract compliance and auditing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tool suite (i.e.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- ASQ / CQE Certification
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues clearly to all levels of leadership
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top