Quality is a core value at Northrop Grumman and a cornerstone of our company's success. We are steadfast in our commitment to our technologies, processes, services, and projects. By accepting that Quality is Personal, our employees acknowledge the impact our actions have on the missions of our global customers.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in multiple locations across the U.S. The Hardware Quality Engineer will support the Quality & Mission Excellence organization at a NGMS domestic facility located in Maryland, California, Chicago, Virginia, Alabama, Colorado, New York, and Florida. Additionally, some positions may be remotely supported from other NGMS facilities. Depending on the location, Northrop Grumman may be able to provide relocation assistance and flexible work arrangements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Execution of a quality evaluation and control system for processing materials into our products.
- Establishing and analyzing inspection and testing processes
- Adherence to contract compliance through root cause analysis & determination and corrective & preventative action
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction
- Bachelor's Degree in a related STEM Field.
- 2+ Years of relevant experience (0 years with related Master's Degree).
- Experience reviewing, analyzing and reporting on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance. (US Citizenship required.)
- Certifications in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies
- Statistical analysis and/or quantitative analysis on project trends
- Computer Skills: Python, Java, SQL, HTML
- Experience with CAD Software applications
Back to top