Engineer Quality 4_Active secret clearance
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is looking for aQuality Engineer4 for Mojave, CA facility to support a program.
The responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Create metrics and trend analysis for health of program including rework, return to shop, rework hours, factory accountability, supportive metrics for risk and opportunity and process improvements.
- Processes tool and calibrations assessments.
- Provide functional support to area manager.
- Bachelors degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) disciplineand a minimum of9 years of production or manufacturing experience (7 years with Masters) to include inspection, understanding manufacturing processes and control, ensuring specifications are met, or understanding quality processes.
- Active in-scope (within the last 5 years)secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance and program access.
- American Society Quality (ASQ) Certifications.
Six Sigma Training, Green or Black Belt status would be a plus
- Proficient In Microsoft Excel
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top