Engineer Quality 4 - Active secret clearance
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is looking for a Quality Engineer 4 for Palmdale, CA facility to support a program.
Design Excellence Program Mission Assurance Engineer; Supports all aspects of development programs beginning with validation of proposal estimating and SOW development.
- Performs early life-cycle Quality Engineering, Mission Assurance and Design Assurance tasks working directly with Engineering during Technology Development and Engineering/Manufacturing Development on aircraft upgrade programs.
- Defines and monitors mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs.
- Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Assesses program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance.
- Reviews drawings and models developed by Design Engineering. Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluations, control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering, product quality and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Specializes in the areas of design, incoming material, product evaluation, metrics, reliability and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies. Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Bachelor degree in a STEM related field of study and 8 years within Production, and /or Quality experience; 6 years with a Master's degree
- Knowledge and experience with a continuous improvement methodology (six sigma, Lean, Etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with Variation Management under AS 9103
- Knowledge of AS9100C and ISO9000
- Active in-scope secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance and program access.
- Working within a production type environment for aerospace or manufacturing
- Ability to work well in a customer type environment.
- ASQ Certifications
- Six Sigma Training, Black Belt.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top