Engineer Quality 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
This role will collaborate and interface with program management, engineering, subcontracts/procurement, manufacturing, other functional management and supplier management teams to ensure requirements are met and quality standards are in place. This position will be located in Azusa, CA.
- Will evaluate supplier non-conformances, negative performance trends and failures. Utilizes supplier performance databases and supplier quality management system assessment tools to provide objective evidence of supplier's capability to perform.
- Vendor Material Disposition Area (VMDA) Point of Contact (POC) for all programs for material non-conformances and processing R/I receipts upon delivery. Support the QN closure and communications with the supplier on the non-conformance issues.
- Assist with Supplier Discrepancy Action Request (SDAR) communication and closures with supply base.
- Formulate and assist in SCAR transactions with the suppliers with database traceability. Maintain/establish Bus Ops metrics.
- Supports Supplier Mission Assurance implementation overall program phases. Manages implementation of Supplier Mission Assurance processes, including, supplier quality requirements development, supplier classification designation (Critical, Key and Standard), supplier pre-award capability assessments, source selection evaluations, supplier quality audits and supplier performance assessments.
- Requirement documentation review upon hardware receipt in Receiving Inspection (R/I).
- Experience working with cross functional teams, and interface at various levels of program and functional management
- Domestic travel up to 50%.
- BS in a STEM Field
- 5 years of experience in Mission Assurance, Quality Assurance Engineering, Manufacturing or Engineering in space or aerospace industry
- Must have ability to travel up to 50% via any mode of transportation throughout the continental US.
- Experience in micro-electronic, electronic and electro-mechanical devices Experience with Microsoft Office programs and databases
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- MS Electrical Engineering
- Intimate knowledge of Supplier Mission Assurance/Procurement Quality Assurance processes
- Direct experience working with suppliers and developing relationships. Resolving non-conformances, auditing and issue resolution with suppliers at their facility or at home site
- Working knowledge of Mission Assurance transactions in SAP
- Experience with military specifications and industry specifications for electronic, electrical and electro-mechanical parts/components. Additional experience with CCAs, PCBs, and electronic assemblies
- Previous work experience working with Space programs.
- Specific experience with RF/MMW applications is a plus
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top