Engineer Quality 3
At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn't just an idea - it's a way of life.
Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering
spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you interested in expanding your career while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Quality Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified individuals in Huntsville, AL.
The Quality Engineer develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related STEM field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Experience working with Agile Framework and Methodologies
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVMS)
- Experience with Supply Chain & Procurement
- Experience with Systems Application and Products in Data Processing (SAP)
- Physically able to travel, work outside occasionally, stand or sit for long periods of time
- Can work flexible schedules to include occasional off normal hours as necessary to meet commitments
- Possesses good interpersonal skills to successfully interface with diverse groups or individuals
- Self-starter with demonstrated problem-solving skills who can work with minimal direction
- Computer literate in PC applications such as MS Office, relational databases, GUI navigation
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- System Inventory Management (ERP)
- Cost & Schedule Management
- Six Sigma Certified
- GMD or related missile defense program experience
- Quality certifications such as ASQ
- Software development lifecycle understanding
- AGILE development process exposure
- JAVA, C++, Linux, Redhat
- Prior coding experience highly valued
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top